Managing Communications During COVID-19
Regular and effective communications with employees, clients, groups and association organization members has never been more critical.
Employers and employers are figuring how they can safely return to their offices and workspaces– if at all.
Employers need to get workers who are to return to and from their places of work safely and once, there, provide adequate safety procedures.
Businesses need to keep employees working from home engaged and productive.
Businesses also need to keep clients and customers informed of safety protocols and changes made to services and procedures.
Associations should be sharing protocols and best practices with their members.
We can help. Flanigan Communications provide communication strategies and content to ensure companies can stay in touch and connected during these unprecedented times.
Contact us and let us know how we can help.
We’re a small but mighty public relations and digital marketing agency.
What makes us different?
- Honesty. We won’t sell you shoes that don’t fit. We WILL tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
- We listen. We make sure we understand your goals. Then we work diligently and efficiently to achieve them.
- We help clients expand their visibility in front of their target markets. Expanded visibility leads to more sales. More sales = bottom line success and growth.
- We have solid, established relationships with the media. They trust us because we provide them with timely responses, solid resources, creative content, and well-thought-out pitches, enabling them to do their job better.
- We’re highly experienced in working with groups: boards, nonprofits and other organizations where getting consensus can be challenging.
- Our clients trust us. You don’t have 18-year relationships with clients unless they’re very happy with your work.
- We’re more than a PR firm. We help clients with content development, digital marketing and outreach within their professional network. We also plan events, then promote them to fill the seats.
- We have the connections that count. We’ve built a large network of trusted colleagues (many who’ve become friends) with whom we work and collaborate.
- We’re curious. That’s how we’re able to craft the pitches that get opened. A colleague once said we could make the most mundane product, event or service sound interesting. Imagine what we can do with yours!
I received a B.S. in Mass Communications from Miami University of Ohio and began a career in audio-video production in Dayton. In 1988, I moved to Chicago where I landed a job in the graphic design department at a national travel management company. From there, I moved into management positions in public relations and marketing.
After four years, I left to head marketing, and eventually fundraising, at a national youth nonprofit organization. While there, I received my Masters in Integrated Marketing Communications from Roosevelt University. Degree in hand, I quit my job and started my own business.
When not working, I enjoy spending time with my husband and our dogs — a senior Vizsla named Uma and a younger, crazy, one-eyed Chiweenie named Bertha, who we strongly suspect is part squirrel.
My husband and I enjoy all the things Chicago has to offer, including art and theater and hanging out on the lakefront. We vacation in Michigan, where we spend most of our time in or on the water, or cruising around the woods on a ‘Gater in the summer and on snowmobiles in the winter.
Scuba diving is my passion, and we spend a lot of time in Mexico where, luckily, the Internet continues to improve so I can work from my “satellite” office. Our goal is to make that a more permanent situation.
On a somewhat unrelated note, I’m really good at coming up with clever names for bands.
I’ve served on several boards and as vice president of programming for the Chicago chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA). I’m also active with nonprofit organizations, especially those dealing with animals and the arts.
My LinkedIn profile provides more details.
Together, we’ve donated more than $385,000 in marketing services, including web design, digital marketing, SEO, content marketing and public relations, to local Chicago nonprofits.
Through this cause, we strive to strengthen and serve Chicago nonprofits so that they can continue to do great things in the city we love!
Learn more about Chicago Cause.